RootedCON X, Call for Papers
-=] About RootedCON
RootedCON is a technology congress that will be developed in Madrid (Spain) from 28 - 30 of march 2019.
With an estimated seating from 2.000 and 2.500 people, is the most relevant specialized congress that is held in the country, and one of the most relevant in Europe, with attendee profiles ranging from students, Law Enforcenment Agencies to professionals in the technology and information security market and, even, just passionate people.
This is our X edition, tenth anniversary! We want it to be a special edition, in which we will bring various surprises :)
Already consolidated our additional tracks, including the beginners one for all knowledge levels, this year will value the incorporation of a new specialized track. Stay tuned!
-=] Talk types
We will mostly accept two kind of talks:
- Fast talks: 20 minutes.
- Standard talks: 50 minutes.
There will exist a limited number of talks of both types having, even, the possibility of working with the schedule to extend a talk beyond the 20 minutes limit, or to reduce a 50 minutes one.
We encourage you to BE ORIGINAL with your proposals. We accept rare talks and thematic, on culture or politics (always orbiting around the concepts technological or Information Security).
-=] International speakers
There is simultaneous Spanish-English and English-Spanish translation on all tracks, so please do not hesitate to enter a talk, wherever you are from :)
Be sure to indicate the language in which you will give it:
[ES] - Spanish [EN] - English
=] Topics we are looking for
Any interesting topic related to TECHNOLOGY, having examples below and not limited to:
- ANY original topic that contributes content to our audience!
- Any hacking topic in any environment: IP, OT, IoT, Cloud, EDGE, Satellites, Mobiles…
- Reverse engineering, debugging, hooking, fuzzing, exploiting, DFIR, …
- APT, botnets y malware.
- Financial Tech (FinTech)
- Hardware Hacking, Jtag, SWJ, Dap, consoles,…
- Videogames, cheats…
- Cryptography, steganography, covert channels,…
- DEV: MQTT, AMQP, development patterns, distributed development,…
- OPS: puppet, jenkins, orquestación, virtualization and containers, artifacts, continuous integration…
- Culture, philosophy and ethics, future, innovation … the world!
Remember that we have THREE rooms in multitrack:
- Sala Cibeles (~1000 people)
- Sala Lugus (~500 people)
- Sala Iniciación (~500 people)
-=] Talk submission procedure
We will only accept talks submitted throught the official speaker form:
https://cfp.rootedcon.com/cfp/cfpx-es/ (spanish) https://cfp.rootedcon.com/cfp/cfpx-en/ (english)
Any other talk submission will be considered “unofficial” and will not have any guarantee in being selected.
-=] Speaker benefits and privileges
Every speaker will get these benefits and privileges:
- ONE extra ticket for a partner (1 ticket)
- Diner with all the speakers, RootedLABS trainees, sponsors and the RootedCON team.
- Accommodation (RootedCON carries with the costs, even the partner)
- Travelling (RootedCON carries with the speaker’s costs)
- Full access to all congress areas for the three days.
- The possibility of repeating the speech up to three times, one in every track (depending of the final rating).
- Some free drinks in the party :)
- Potential job offers management.
- A gift from the organization.
-=] Obligations and duties of the speaker
All speakers that inscribed a talk and get selected must:
a) Confirm that the talk is TECHNICAL and it is supported with Proof of Concepts (PoC). If PoC are not available, it should be justified.
b) Send talk materials in the agreed dates before the congress. Please, include details about the PoCs.
c) Accept in an explicit way that all the materials in the talk, as the audio and video will be published, no matter the format and mechanism in RootedCON’s content management systems or others.
Please, make sure you understand your duties as a speaker before submitting a proposal.
-=] Sponsors and partners
RootedCON is always looking for new quality sponsors. If you have a propposal or feel your organization may be interested, please do contact us in:
IMPORTANT: due to the mostly technical essence of the congress and the prefences shown by our attendeess in multiple polls, we recommend to the potential sponsors to work in a talk aligned with the expectation of our public.
Any help, comment, idea, proposal or collaboration will be evaluated in deep: it is very important for our Congress to receive this kind of new ideas, as we depend on you to do our best in building the Event.
-=] Critical things to consider
Time management and talk duration are critical for the Congress. It is better to ask for a longer slot, that to try to maximum twenty minutes, not having time for interesting questions from the public.
We will evaluate with more interest those talks considered EXCLUSIVE, not being shown in any other forum, blog, web, event or congress.
We believe in the responsible Full-disclosure so, if your idea is to show a 0day, we need the confirmation that you have contacted the vendor/victim. If this contact was not made, we can support you with this.
We can cancel the relationship with the speaker if materials are not provided in time. The delays may have an impact in travelling and accommodation and other benefits.
PLEASE, it is quite important to BE CLEAR in the details of your travelling and accommodation needs when you submit your talk; if you did not confirmed your needs, Rooted keeps the right of not covering new requirement not submitted initially.
-=] How to contact:
-=] Our links
- Website: http://www.rootedcon.com/en/
- RootedManager: https://reg.rootedcon.com/main
- Twitter: @rootedcon #rooted and #rooted2019 #rootedx
- Facebook: http://bit.ly/fbookrooted
- LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/linkedinrooted
- Rooted mailing-list (spanish): [email protected]
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/rootedconmadrid
- Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/rootedcon